Friday, July 27, 2007

Family Snapshot

Mom and Dad visited!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited to have them here. Drew and I picked them up at the airport Sunday and helped them get to their hotel. Then we found a little restaurant to sit in and catch up. Monday, Drew and I had to work but M&D came to our apartment for dinner and to do some laundry since they'd been traveling for two weeks already. After dinner, we headed back to the Latin Quarter for a yummy crepe dessert. Wednesday we saw Harry Potter 5 on the Champs Elysees and then walked to the Arc de Triomphe for some night photos while eating, what else, a McFlurry : ) Thursday, M&D came back to our place for dinner and brought yummy dessert. Friday we got M&D into the Louvre for free with our year passes. We showed them all the highlights-Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, Napoleon Apartments, Hamurabi's Code-and then took a nice walk along the Seine. It's been warming up a little but M&D saw a lot of rain here in Paris.

We had a full weekend of sightseeing and crowds. Saturday we headed to Versailles to see the palace and explore the grounds. I finally got to see Marie Antoinette's 'playground.' She had a peasant village built just for her to play in. It was so cute though. Then we headed back into Paris for dinner and Bastille Day fireworks. Along with 500,000+ other people, we packed into Champ de Mars by the Eiffel Tower to see the show. It was incredible...until it was time to go. The crowd dispersed in all directions to find the nearest open metro. I think Drew and I ended up walking half-way home!

Sunday, we took M&D up to Montmartre. Despite being 'attacked' by the bracelet guys (one actually TOUCHED me), they enjoyed Sacre Coeur but were not impressed with Moulin Rouge. "This is it!?" mom asked : ) Then we headed across the river to Les Invalides. I'd only seen Napoleon's tomb so it was fun to explore all the war museums. They have amazing exhibits. I was very impressed.

Monday, M&D came back to our place for one last dinner and load of laundry. We gave dad a little early bday present and stuck a match in a pastry for him :-P

And then, like they hadn't been here at all, they were gone. I can't believe their week flew by so fast :'(

photos:
beginning of week with M&D:
http://scarolina.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2149105&l=e01ed&id=12600427

versailles:
http://scarolina.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2149109&l=0c58c&id=12600427

fireworks:
http://scarolina.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2149171&l=eb1e2&id=12600427

end of week with M&D:
http://scarolina.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2149175&l=cce8d&id=12600427

1 comment:

E said...

Sara,
That is the first time I have ever seen your Dad! :)
I am glad that your parents were able to come visit! I look forward to you being back in the states, even though we'll still be thousands of miles away!
You can link me as Erin on your blog. I see you already have one named Erin so you can always do Erin W.