Sunday, April 1, 2007

Days Go By + Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

I know it's been awhile....there hasn't been too much going on. The weekend after Jenna left, Casey and Becca came and stayed with me. That was a fun weekend...I did some things I hadn't done yet and it was fun playing tourist again. We went inside Opera Garnier which was a GORGEOUS building. We visited some museums I hadn't seen yet. It was fun to have more girly time.

Besides that...I've just been living. Classes are going...the teachers have started giving tests...not fun. I've been desperately searching for an internship. In the span of 5 days I applied, had an interview, and was rejected. At least they didn't leave me guessing. I have a lead with Michel Dyens, a financial advisor. Check out their website www.micheldyens.com. Hopefully they will be the one. I'm really excited about what this company does, so I hope this works out. So there are only 3 weeks left of school with a week of vacation in there too. So I'm starting an internship in four weeks. I am terrified!!! I enjoy new things but a new job + new people + new experiences = scary.

Since I've just been going back and forth between school and home...I've noticed lots of things about my neighborhood. There is a vent on the sidewalk down the street from my apartment. Pidgeons love to sleep on it...I guess it's warm. But walking by, when the thing is covered with pidgeons and you can't see it, it just looks like homeless pidgeons sleeping on the sidewalk. The other day, as I was walking by, a little boy ran through and scattered them. I thought it was funny, his mom just had a tired exasperated look on her face. I also pass a daycare on the way to the metro. I love watching kids get dropped/picked up. They are so adorable and happy.

So, the other evening we had an 'etiquette' dinner at the school restaurant. We met at 7:15 and didn't leave until midnight! This dinner was 7 courses long!! and it could have been 8! First we started with calamari as the mise-en-bouche (kinda like an hors d'oeuvre but at the table) and then had a hot appetizer of either foie gras or boudin (sausage). There could have also been a cold appetizer but the restaurant didn't include one. We had a fish plate and then a meat plate. There was a nice selection of cheeses and then DESSERT!!!!!! The meal ended with coffee and a plate of sweet goodies. There was a nice professor there that taught us a little big about the history of the french table and a little etiquette.






Yesterday was Jamie's golden birthday: 31 on the 31st!!! We had dinner at a cute little restaurant in the Oberkampf area. This dinner also lasted four hours, but it was a lot more enjoyable!!! The weather is finally picking up. Today is a gorgeous day! The only problem is now tourists will be flooding in and the metro will be a lot smellier...I guess it's a small price to pay for living in this fantastic city!

march photos:
in like a lion:
http://scarolina.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2118262&l=8f131&id=12600427

out like a lamb:
http://scarolina.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2118357&l=72058&id=12600427

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I love the pigeon picture because I took the exact same picture one morning when I was visiting you.