Tuesday, January 9, 2007

A Home

I have a home!!! I went to my meeting yesterday to see a studio and I accepted!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!! It's tiny: 15 square meters which is about 160 square feet. There is a tiny little bathroom with a toilet, sink, and shower. The 'kitchen' is a sink with two burners and a little bit of shelf space. The guy I'm renting from (who is American) will provide pots and pans and I'm going to buy two place settings when the sales start tomorrow. He's providing a bed but I'm going to buy sheets and blankets and pillows (again, after tomorrow when the sale starts). There isn't a tv or microwave. Depending on what I see in the sales I might invest in one or both. I saw a microwave for 30 euro so if it goes on sale, it'll be cheaper. I'm not sure about tv prices but hopefully I can find something. If I'm lucky maybe he'll give me cash for them when I leave in August. There is also a double bed (converter couch), a table, and a wardrobe. It's tiny but nice. It's in the 15th arrondissement which is kind of far away from everything, but you use the metro for everything so it shouldn't matter. It's not a touristy part of town but more of a residential area. It's in between two metro stops. By one is a movie theater. Near the other is a dvd rental place. On my little street is a bank, laundromat, and a cafe with wireless!!! There is also a nice supermarket down the street. As you can tell, I'm excited.

My new address: email me if you want it!! I'm happy to receive goodies!

to see my first album of photos on facebook, use the link:
http://scarolina.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2096872&l=66394&id=12600427

3 comments:

Christopher said...

Congrats ^_^. Sounds like a very cool place!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you! :) I'm glad you sound a little happier in this post; I was worried about you, girl.

Kate said...

Yay home! Congrats! dude, now you live in Paris (I just can't get over it)!