Monday, January 22, 2007

Trip Around the Sun

Drew sent me the most beautiful flowers for my birthday! They were delivered Saturday morning in a box. It was like getting to open a present! According to Nanda, the best flowers come in boxes ;-) Forty roses in red, white, pink, cream with pink tips (my favorite!), and peach/orange were wrapped up in a cool gel pack in a white bucket with FLOWERS printed on the side. They are gorgeous! I want my bridal bouquet to look like that! So now my drab residence room is all cheery. Thank you Drew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Saturday was a nasty day so we didn’t get to do much but I decided it was worth it to pay ten euros to have two hours of internet at the residence. I had a wonderful conversation with Drew and my parents. Speaking of internet…I went with my landlord Saturday morning to get that set up for the apartment…so look for me online a lot in the near future!! With that worry checked off my list, I can now find an internship.

So Sunday was my actual birthday…the big 23…ha, I’m the baby of this group. Anyway, I woke up 9ish because of those **** Algerians talking in the hall again but I rolled over and didn’t get up till ten. I did my hw really fast (blah) and showered. Jamie, Samantha, and I went to Notre Dame to climb the tower because it was a beautiful day!!!!!
Puffy white clouds against a gorgeous blue sky. I had to put on my sunglasses!!! It was awesome to be on top of the bell towers. I took amazing photos and used my video camera like a tourist :-P But hey, it was an early birthday present so it made sense to use it on my birthday!

Nanda and Emily met us at the bottom and we walked through to see the windows while it was sunny to light them up. When we left, Jill and Diana met us outside but it had gotten colder and overcast so we went to a cafĂ© for hot chocolate to warm up. We found this great little brasserie but while we were there it rained! :’( Mom called while I was in there though so I got to talk to momma and daddy! By the time we left it had finished raining though it was considerably cooler. We walked through the Latin Quarter to make reservations for dinner and then did some shopping. I found two beautiful silk ‘sweaters’ on sale for a total of 34 euro ($50ish). At another store, I found a cute pair of black flats. So I treated myself.

At 7, the whole group met up for dinner at Creperie de Cluny. I had a kir royal, a ham crepe, and the best dessert crepe in the world: banana, coconut, walnuts, and chocolate. It was fantastic. The waitress brought it out with sparklers on it for my birthday and everyone sang. They were so great. And the whole group bought me a Longchamp bag!!! I own a Longchamp bag :-D It is so great!!!!!!!! It ended up being a fantastic birthday. I wouldn’t mind having all my birthdays in Paris…as long as Drew is there for the rest of them.

third album on facebook: http://scarolina.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2101482&l=d3632&id=12600427

longchamp: http://longchamp.com/en/

5 comments:

Christopher said...

But I want photos nowwwwww *whine*.

Hey, do you all speak in French to each other when you are out at these fancy dinners. I'm jealous, all we've got is Delaneys. :(

Amanda said...

Awww, Drew is so sweet! You MUST post pictures soon...I wanna see that bouquet!

David said...

Happy Birthday!

Kate said...

Wow, what amazing photos! Those are gorgeous flowers, and then the ultimate Paris photo followed by the cute little restaurant shot (although the ketchup bottle throws that one off a little). :) I didn't realize you are still quasi-homeless! anyway happy birthday a little late and thanks for the photos! Yay!

Nan said...

Sara, Your pictures are beautiful. I'm so glad you had pretty weather for your birthday(at least half the day)! The roses from Drew were gorgeous...what a sweet guy! Look for something happy in every day and you won't be homesick! Love ya'!