Saturday, January 27, 2007

Light My Candle

So, after a long day of make-up and heels (blah), I finish moving all of my stuff to my new apartment. Oh, happy day!!!! Except, NOT. I walk in and try to turn on my light to no avail. I HAVE NO ELECTRICITY!!!!!!!!!!! After freaking out...I ask a random neighbor (yeah, I talked to a stranger...I was freaking out-hence the blog title-and didn't think) and he helped me out by calling the electricity company and figuring out what was wrong. There's nothing wrong with my electricity, there's just no contract for my room. That doesn't make sense though cuz I had taken a load over in the morning before the career fair and there was electricity. I don't understand. I called Peter the landlord but he's in Italy until Sunday. He had a friend calling today (Saturday) but said he wasn't getting through on their line. So I crashed at Nanda's Friday night and then did some fantastic retail therapy today which surprisingly helped. I was hysterical last night...walking down the street bawling. Today was better and I realize that it's not too much of a big deal. Peter even offered to pay for a hotel but there's no point in wasting the money when everyone has offered to let me crash with them. In a week this'll be a funny story.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I just want to say that I'm proud of you! You dealt with having no electricity in a foreign country! It's hard enough to do it here in the US where you know how things work. So, way to go! And I hope the weekend ends with a happy ending!